MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 2006-005
TO : ALL CONCERNED
Guidelines for all applicants for Registration of Optical Media Business
1. Registration and Licensing of Establishments engaged in the Optical Media Business – All applicants for Licensing and Registration of Optical Media Business including those who are engaged in the following:
a. Optical Media: producer or copyright owner, local licensee, importer, exporter engaged in the following products:
I. film products, music products, games/applications software, business software, books on disc, blank discs and other optical media products.
b. Manufacturing Equipment: producer/fabricator, importer, exporter, exclusive dealer/sales representative, non-exclusive dealer/sales representative engaged in the following equipment:
I. replicating equipment, metallizing/ downstream equipment, printing equipment and other equipment related to optical media production and replication.
c. Manufacturing Materials: producer/manufacturer, importer, exporter, exclusive dealer/sales representative, non-exclusive dealer/sales representative engaged in the following materials:
I. optical-grade polycarbonate, adhesives, lacquers, chemicals, paints/inks and other materials used in the production and replication of optical media products.
2. Fees. A clearance fee of FIFTY PESOS (P50.00) shall be
imposed on each application for clearance of NO PENDING ADMINISTRATIVE CASE OR DEROGATORY RECORD with the Legal Services Division.
3. Surcharge. A surcharge of FIFTY PESOS (P50.00) shall be imposed on each clearnce that remains unclaimed after FIFTEEN (15) DAYS of issuance thereof.
4. Cancellation. Applications for clearnce with the Legal Services Division that remains unsecured after 30 days of issue shall be considered cancelled.
5. Effectivity. This circular shall take effect within FIFTEEN (15) DAYS from publication hereof.
Quezon City, September 18, 2006.
Hon. Eduardo B. Manzano (Sgd.)
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer