OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 2005-008
PRESCRIBING GUIDELINES FOR THE EXPORTATION OF DISCS, MACHINERIES, AND MATERIALS
1. Who shall apply for EXPORT CLEARANCE. – All companies and individuals intending to export optical discs, machines related to the production of optical media, and materials, including scrap polycarbonate plastic and other materials, for commercial or business use, shall first apply for a license to engage in optical media business as exporter and must secure an EXPORT CLEARANCE prior to every shipment
2. Inspection. – All shipments for which an export clearance has been signed shall be subject to inspection after the issuance of waybill at the port of origin.
3. Export of discs for personal use. – Any individual may be issued an export clearance without having to apply for a license to engage in an optical media business, for the export of legitimate optical media, provided it can be shown that the same are for personal use, and provided that there shall not be more than three (3) pieces of one title in the shipment, and provided further that the same is covered by official receipts or notarized certification of authority issued by the entity from which such items were purchased.
4. Exemptions. – Individuals or companies exporting a single shipment, containing six (6) pieces or less of optical discs of different titles shall be exempted from this requirement, provided that there shall be not more than three (3) pieces of each title in said shipment, and provided that the official receipts therefore shall be presented upon demand. For avoidance of doubt, a multi-volume set under a single title shall be considered as one (1) piece for the purpose of determining whether said shipment fall under this exemption. This exemption applies to optical discs, music cassettes and VHS tapes only, and does not apply to metal stampers, or any other equipment, machines or items used in the production of optical discs.
5. Effectivity. – This Circular shall take effect immediately.
Quezon City, October 24, 2005.
HON. EDUARDO B. MANZANO (Sgd.)
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer